Photographed just before the recent cemetery Mass, this is the grave of Dr J. H. Reginald Dixon, who served as organist and musical director at the Cathedral 1909-1971. He is a legendary figure in the life of the parish, and was undoubtedly a very fine musician. The grave stone has recently been cleaned up so that the writing can be more clearly read. This is partly in preparation for cemetery tours during the forthcoming Heritage Open Days, and partly to prepare for next year's celebrations. As we celebrate 150 years of the Cathedral building, it will also be 100 years since the appointment of this great Cathedral figure.